Today Grayson spent some time with his best friend, Cooper (yea they haven't moved just yet). When I picked him up he didn't want to leave and Cooper didn't want him to go. They both whined about it (Grayson throwing a very embarrassing tantrum. But Julie is so sweet, I don't think she judges me one little bit when my kid has a melt down...ah, to have such friends). On the way home, he said "I had fun with Cooper and I had fun with Nicholas too" (referring to our weekend in Denver with his cousin). He talked about the treasure hunt that cousin Emily made for them. I am just amazed at his recall ability...just a year ago, he was just starting sentences.
Anyway, we had a wonderful weekend with lots of funny moments. We went to the butterfly pavilion and Grayson watched Bompa hold a tarantula (Grayson didn't hold it but you could tell he really wanted to but didn't have quite enough gumption...maybe next year). He says, "I don't like bugs" but he loved looking at all the critters and tried to swat a few butterflies...oops. He recognized the roley polies, since he killed some the other day. (although in his defense, he was just putting them into his bug catcher and I've already explained his gentle capabilities).
Saturday we met up with my college roommate and her little boy. Charlie is 2 months younger than Matalley and already weighs a pound more than she does (and he was born 5 weeks early)...way to go KT! He's just a cute little roley poly guy and fun to cuddle. And then we went to see Emily and Nicholas and went to a free symphony concert in the park. Grayson was very intrigued with the conductor and baton.
Sunday was relaxing and we went to the 4-H fair to see the animals. Grayson got to hold a baby chick and ride a mini-roller coaster with me. I was nervous it would be too fast for him, but he loved it. He also loved all the other rides (which are basically all the same...just a different character moving in a circle).
Monday we went to the Parade of Homes which was the most taxing for him since, it was hot, he was tired, lots of stairs, and I kept telling him not to touch anything. My Mom overheard him talking to himself saying, "Mommy says don't touch the wall." He tried really hard but I think he was happy to leave...he fell asleep the minute we got in the car and off we went to the airport.
I think the funniest thing was when he tried to eat his thumb like Bompa does with the thumb trick. He had the cough, the slap on the cheek so it would come out his ear and grin down pat. I wish I had it on video.
Matalley was happy to be back at home in her bed. (Literally squealed with delight when I put her down to sleep). She is back to her happy go-lucky self after our ordeal last week.
One more thing, Grayson is very concerned with finding the mommies and daddies of the animals he sees or kids he reads about. Glad that we are making an impression on him. Tonight he said to Matt, "Eat your beans. They're good for you".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
So cute! I love hearing your kid stories...and can't wait for moments like those with our own Cooper!
You are one busy girl! It was so fun to see you and hang at the mall! I just love that Grayson and Matalley is a cute lil princess!!! Hope to see you all soon!
Post a Comment