So Grayson keeps changing his mind about what he wants to be for Halloween. First he wanted to be a witch. I convinced him that a magician was a better choice (and since I planned on making a cape for him, Matalley could be a bunny and they'd be a little team). Well Friday night, Grayson spent the night with Bobo and Pops so I was able to finish the cape yesterday. I took it to him last night when we went to pick him up and instead of being so excited for the super hero cape, he tells me that he doesn't want the cape, he wants to be Handy Manny instead (he's watched Handy Manny maybe twice in the last month).
Ugghh. It's funny, how extremely frustrated I can be and still love him so much. It makes me realize how lucky I am to be loved by God. Sometimes I am afraid of praying for what I really want for fear that God will give me what I really need. I'm not always willing to face the truth of what that might mean. However, in relating it to my relationship with Grayson, I would never give him anything that I didn't think would make him better off in the long run. Not to say that a magician's costume equates to him being better off...just my rambling thoughts this morning.
And despite being told again and again by the doctor that my daughter is too little, I think she is just perfect the way she is. She's extremely active, smiles profusely, and keeps us laughing too. I know I go back and forth worrying about her but I really do think she'll be just fine.
1 comment:
Hi Kalley! We went through the same "she's too little" thing with Hayley. Doc told us to pour olive oil on all her food. We switched to a more holistic doc and he found nothing wrong with her weight... it's just how's she's built. She's always been in about 5% for weight and even at 2 she still is. She can outrun and probably out eat all the kids her age. Some kids are just meant to be little things and I'd say this is a better "problem" then the opposite! Besides, you and Matt are both tall and thin... Matalley got good genes!
Don't stress and as long as you're giving Matalley healthy foods I think she'll thrive just fine! Shopping for pants that fit her will be your biggest problem!
Post a Comment