Yesterday, Grayson was hit in the eye with a moving block on the playground equipment and it broke skin. Even though it wasn't gushing, it took quite a while for the injury to stop bleeding and I was worried he'd have to have stitches (not that it was deep but it's in a tricky spot for bandaids, thin skin, and constant motion from blinking). I didn't panic (yeah mom! or not...the other park moms gave me weird glances; maybe I wasn't sympathetic enough?). Sometimes my mom-induced guilt takes over and I feel bad that my kid has the freebie similac lunch bag and my college backpack that's 2 sizes too big for him instead of the cute monogrammed lunchsack that matches the monogrammed backpack. So guilt over not being more concerned and not teaching my daughter her body parts is right up on my list of things to do better next time (though, I'll probably forget:)
Thursday, April 30, 2009
15 Months
Matalley's 15 month appointment was this week. She is back on the charts in the 3rd percentile for weight at 18.8 lbs. Yeah!! Part of the reason she is still so skinny (yes, our doctor counted her ribs to rub it in) is that she is so tall. She measured 31.5 inches which puts her in the 70th percentile for height. Head circumference was 45.5 cm which is still in the 50th percentile. She handled her 3 shots very well and accepted the candy sucker quite readily at the end to dry up her tears. Apparently she is supposed to know her body parts at this point and slacker mom has forgotten to teach her that. So we've had a crash course the past few days. She now knows head and toes. Not quite sure what the body part knowledge gains her in intelligence since she knows over 20 words and the average is 5...doesn't that count for something Doc? She's running everywhere these days and tries SO hard to keep up with big brother. Anything and everything he does, she wants to be a part of. Grayson does a pretty good job of tolerating it too.
They're just so darn cute!!
Yesterday, Grayson was hit in the eye with a moving block on the playground equipment and it broke skin. Even though it wasn't gushing, it took quite a while for the injury to stop bleeding and I was worried he'd have to have stitches (not that it was deep but it's in a tricky spot for bandaids, thin skin, and constant motion from blinking). I didn't panic (yeah mom! or not...the other park moms gave me weird glances; maybe I wasn't sympathetic enough?). Sometimes my mom-induced guilt takes over and I feel bad that my kid has the freebie similac lunch bag and my college backpack that's 2 sizes too big for him instead of the cute monogrammed lunchsack that matches the monogrammed backpack. So guilt over not being more concerned and not teaching my daughter her body parts is right up on my list of things to do better next time (though, I'll probably forget:)
Yesterday, Grayson was hit in the eye with a moving block on the playground equipment and it broke skin. Even though it wasn't gushing, it took quite a while for the injury to stop bleeding and I was worried he'd have to have stitches (not that it was deep but it's in a tricky spot for bandaids, thin skin, and constant motion from blinking). I didn't panic (yeah mom! or not...the other park moms gave me weird glances; maybe I wasn't sympathetic enough?). Sometimes my mom-induced guilt takes over and I feel bad that my kid has the freebie similac lunch bag and my college backpack that's 2 sizes too big for him instead of the cute monogrammed lunchsack that matches the monogrammed backpack. So guilt over not being more concerned and not teaching my daughter her body parts is right up on my list of things to do better next time (though, I'll probably forget:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Adorable kids!! And they have the best mom! :)
They are loved and they know it. You don't need monogrammed lunch bags to prove it. :)
i think we feel guilty no matter what!!
I didn't teach Eli the body parts, either!
Post a Comment