Thursday, July 30, 2009

Cry for it kid

Today, Matt watched the kids for me in the car while I ran an errand (I couldn't find a babysitter and I just needed 30 minutes). While in the car, Matalley dropped something, that Grayson wanted, down the rear passenger side of her car seat. Grayson whined for it and Matt couldn't understand him. Matt told him, "describe to me what it is and I'll see if I can reach it." Grayson misunderstood Matt and said, "Mommy tells me if I cry it will give her and me a headache." But deciding for once, to do what Matt asked in order to get what he wanted, Grayson cried, "please give me the thing that Matalley dropped." No, no Grayson, "DESCRIBE, not CRY what you want."

I'm out of pocket for a few days...going on a girls trip with my college friends (a first for us since our infamous Grand Canyon tour in college). I CAN'T wait!!!! Then I'm off to Vegas to spend a couple days with the women in Matt's family and then, I'm off to CO to pick up the new mini-van to drive it back to Amarillo. Although very excited for each stage of the Kalley vacation, I'm also slightly queasy at the thought of leaving the kids for 6 days. Though I KNOW Matt can handle it, please pray for us.

No comments: