So before Sabrina and the kids arrived, the kiddos waded in the crick(that's a creek for all you non CO natives), played on the playground and "walked" through the splash pad. I stress the word walked, because not more than 3 seconds after the last picture in the slide show was taken, Grayson slipped and bumped his head while walking like I kept yelling at him to do.Sabrina showed up about 10 minutes after he fell so I have no pictures of the cousins playing together because Grayson just seemed out of it. He didn't want to do anything except sit, and then he started asking me kooky questions repetitively, such as, "Are we at YiaYia and Bompa's house or our house?" I felt that twinge of guilt, like "Oh, maybe I should have paid more attention to the fall, or why didn't I give him more sympathy?" And then when the kooky questions didn't stop, I started to think he might have a concussion. He hadn't been knocked unconscious, no vomiting, his eyes were dilating, there was a big bump, but he was definitely dazed and confused.
So it was off to urgent care. But instead of the reassurance I was looking for, our overly sue happy society (sorry to knock the profession hubby) has created overly cautious medical professionals who insisted we put Grayson under for a CAT scan. That's when I hate being a parent the most. I want to be the best advocate for my child and I don't have all the information I need to make the right decision. Despite the recommendations from the kids' pediatrician's office and the urgent care doctor, I decided not to sedate him and just watch and wait. Within the hour, he was back to normal and seems to have gotten over the fall (except for the big ol' knot on his head...thank goodness he has all that curly hair).



1 comment:
:(:(:( Glad Grayson is okay!
Post a Comment