Kathy, Katy, and Lori were 1st floor bonuses and Julie (left of me) was on the 5th floor but a pledge sister. So Theta deserves some props for the introduction (Kathy and Katy eventually became Theta sisters and Lori's Mom, Aunt, and cousins were Thetas). I would not have survived at Baylor without my girls...they were my family for 4 years and oh, how I miss them. That's why last weekend was sooo special. We haven't ALL been together since graduation so we met in Galveston for a week, minus Lisa and Amy:(. My roommate joked that we were Mommies gone wild, but we really weren't that wild.
So ten years, 12 kids, 7 dogs, and some crows feet later, we can still get together like nothing has changed...same "your mom" jokes, talking for hours, dance parties, and the freedom to speak our minds but sill be loved (and I do have a loud mouth). I'm looking forward to the next meeting, which will hopefully be an annual vacation.I cried at the airport as I said goodbye so it's a good thing I had another vacation to look forward to...I headed to Vegas to meet up with the women in Matt's family. We were celebrating Amy's 25th:) and Paige's 21st birthday. Got to see Cirque Du Soleil Mystere and Wayne Brady and didn't loose too much cash...it was fun.

Then I left Vegas to fly to Denver where I got to wish my parents a happy 35th anniversary, picked up the new mom van, ate dinner with my sisters and cousin-to-be (we pre-partied by trying on wedding/bridesmaid dresses...some cute, lots not so cute),
slept, had breakfast with Brady and Amy and then drove the 7 hours home to Amarillo where I got to hug my sweet kids and hubby.Apparently they had lots of fun with Daddy, although mischievous too...look what they did while he was in the shower. Grayson got both car seats up on the couch and Matalley must have climbed in to watch Saturday morning cartoons.
7 comments:
I did get carded at Margaritaville, so I must look like I'm in my early 20s. Ha! Ha! Had a wonderful time, and would love to do it again in the next few years...
I LOVE that pic! I found a different one and just scanned it in for my blog. Your post was perfect. Well said. I'm just going to link to yours and my job is done. :) Love ya roomie!
and OMGoodness I LOVE Little Lisa's face in that pic.
If I can figure out how to scan in the Baylor pic...I have yet a third version here in Alaska. Maybe when I finally get my blog up and running...it will be my first post! Thanks for planning logistics for most of our weekend. The house was amazing...you are amazing! Love ya!
You have been BUSY! I'm so glad you college roomies got to get away. I do it once or twice a year with mine and it's the best. There's just nothing like your gal pals from college, is there? And I've had the privilege of meeting a few of you, so I know why K loves you so much!
Oh Kalley I love that picture! I don't have that one. Could you send me the file? Such a great post friend. :) Love you.
Loved coming across your blog today. This post made me laugh as a fellow 4th-floor Collins dormer, since I also remember your psycho roommates! Your children are so precious. Take care :)
Post a Comment