I spent the weekend at Quartz Mountain Resort near Altus, OK. It was a Women's Retreat for church and I was on the planning team with 3 of my dearest friends.
We're in a Wednesday night couples study (6 couples total) so I see them at least once a week if not more and talk/e-mail daily. When Emily got on the Women's Ministry team as publicity chair (to save me from doing it while pregnant with Matalley...we were both on the publicity committee and one of us had to step up to be chair), I don't think she had any idea that she would be in charge of Retreats 2 years later. She rounded up the 4 of us, plus 3 other ladies, with the task of designing a women's retreat. Our church hasn't had one for 5 years and there was a little bit of a division between the older generation and our generation. What transpired was totally amazing and God was a part of it every step of the way. We prayed for 50 women and 50 women showed up...even with 3 last minute cancellations, 3 additions before Friday evening kept the total at a constant 50 women.
We prayed for an amazing speaker and God gave us Pam Rosewell Moore.
She was a personal assistant to Corrie ten Boom , the Dutch Christian who was incarcerated in a Nazi prison camp and became known through her book, The Hiding Place. Her message about faith was inspiring. In her 20's, before Corrie, she was transporting bibles across Communist borders so that others could hear about Christ...how brave and faithful she was/is. I just admire her so much. We prayed that the generations would mix and come to an understanding of each other's value and it happened. The older generation relaxed and enjoyed the retreat, confident/trusting that the younger generation would manage well. The testimonies were awesome. I was just really inspired all weekend to be a more faithful and fervent follower of a gracious and loving God.And the kids and Matt survived a weekend without me as well....all is good!
1 comment:
Great post Kalley! Glad you had an amazing time and God is good!
Post a Comment