Thursday, November 12, 2009

Awesome (said the way my brother says it)

I truly despise Walmart...can't stand to shop there. Hate it, hate it, hate it. However it is a Texas staple, so no amount of me boycotting it will ever cause it to disappear (as much as I wish it would). It also happens to be the closest grocery store to my house, so on rare occurrences when I am desperate, I will pop in for what should be a quick trip but never is (inevitably due to the intelligence behind the blue apron). If you've never experienced a Walmart shopping trip, head on over to this website and you'll understand why I really, really, really don't like to go.

Tonight in the middle of cooking up some Chicken Chili for dinner, I realized that I had accidentally purchased diced jalapenos instead of diced green chilies. While I'm sure I could have used the jalapenos, I just didn't want to chance it messing up the chili or the kids' appetites for the yummy dish. So leaving the chili on the stove, I decided to take off to Walmart with the kids. Grayson had woken up from his nap with a severe case of bed head and I hadn't yet had a chance to brush it. He couldn't find his tennis, so he put on his boots (over his jeans) and grabbed a sweatshirt which he never manages to keep on fully...it's like a wrap instead. Matalley hiked up her pants so that the waste was actually under her collar bone and grabbed some little blue flats with her white socks. She had some leftover snack on her face as well. At Walmart, the greeter promptly outfitted them with a Walmart sticker. So here we are racing through Walmart for a can of diced green chilies and I realize, I am one of them...they could put us on the web. Sad, sad day for me:)

2 comments:

lil' mama said...

You and your kids ARE NOT one of them. You're all too stinkin' cute! Hope the chicken chili with green chilis was worth it:)

petiteblogger said...

That website is awful!!! Those 6 pages I had to look at will forever be burned into my mind...

Your kids are sooo not on that site! :) I agree with Katy.

I went to Super Walmart this morning. I was the mom who hadn't showered, with 2 kids fighting in the big kid's cart... :)