Here is Matalley being Miss Independent...she likes to put on her own shoes.

See, all good.

I think it's important that the kids try things on their own with as little help from adults as possible. That way, they feel good about themselves when they accomplish something and if they fail, it's something so small in comparison to the failures they might have in the future, that they will be better equipped on how to handle future failures without Mommy/Daddy bailing them out. It's hard to watch her fall or eat soup with a spoon, but if I protect her or do it for her, she'll never learn why it's important to be careful or how to do it herself and then when she's older I'll have a huge mess. I'm trying to raise confident, capable children and so far, I think the kids are doing a pretty good job. Still it's hard to watch them grow up and not need me. Just today, Matalley has started saying Milk instead of Gek...soon I won't need to interpret for others which is good...but pulls at my heartstrings too.
1 comment:
Well said Kalley! I'm so guilty of helping C eat yogurt just because I don't want the mess.
Sorry I missed your call today. Or at least I think that was you. It was from TX:) I'll try you sometime this week. Love ya!
Post a Comment