Friday, January 29, 2010

Snow Day #2

The foot of snow we received has pretty much crippled the city but I thought that surely a day later, the streets would be clear. Matt made it to work this morning with little trouble in the volks. I, after spending a day couped inside yesterday, thought we could make it to the library a few blocks away. So, I loaded the kids with all their snow gear (in case we ran into friends at the park and decided to stop and sled) into the van. Then I backed out of my freshly cleared driveway (thank you Matt for doing that this morning) and into the alley. After putting the car in drive, I realized our van is front-wheel drive. Call me stupid, but I automatically assumed that any car purchased in CO would have all-wheel drive. So then I spent the next hour and 30 minutes trying to get the car back into the garage. Grayson automatically panicked, thinking we were going to die (even after I reminded him that we were just in our alley, not stranded in some remote desert) and worried that we would NEVER get out of the situation After shoveling for 30 min., I began to think we would never get the van back in the garage either (see photo) and I contemplated leaving the van right where it was. No-one was driving through our alley anyway, or at least they did a pretty good job of avoiding coming to my rescue. Have to put that on my list of thank you's I never have to write. Persistence prevailed however, and the van is safely back in the garage. Grayson survived too. Instead we built a snowman in the front yard.

No comments: