Matalley is a tease. Yesterday morning, I walked out and Matalley said, "Good Morning kookoo head." I said, "I'm a kookoo head?" Matalley replied, "no, Daddy is a kookoo head." Matt said, "she's been saying that for the last 15 minutes and I don't know who she is talking about." (He has trouble deciphering her sometimes). I said, "Matalley, are you teasing Daddy?" She replied, "Yes, he's a kookoo head."
BIG NEWS: Matalley used the potty this morning!! She really doesn't want to sit on the potty but I still ask her every morning. This morning I said I'd read her a book while she sat on it and so she agreed and it was a success. We'll see what she does tomorrow.
The message this morning at church was so good (2 Kings 7:3-10). He talked about the lepers who were dying of famine. They went to the enemy camp to see if possibly the soldiers would feed them. They could also have been killed but they took a chance rather than just sit and die. The soldiers had abandoned their post so the lepers feasted. But upon reflection, realized that they needed to tell others what they found. It was enough to feed the entire city for a year. He equated it to Christians having such great news and being scared to share it. All of this I had heard before but this morning was so convicting. How many times have I passed on sharing God's love for me? The fear of unacceptance or thinking we have more time...if I truly believe that the way to eternal happiness is through knowing that God sent his only Son to die on a cross so that I am forgiven for all of my sins, then why am I not telling every single person I meet? I don't want anyone to not have the opportunity to know a life with Christ. So, if you are reading this blog and you don't know that Christ is our Savior, then please, please, please call me. I'd love to tell you about why I'm a believer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment