Every night we have the same bedtime routine...
1. Pajamas on (Matalley usually uses the potty so we do a little dance).
2. Commence 1/2 hour tv (I like Mondays and Tuesdays b/c we get to watch a little bit of Dancing with the Stars or American Idol...otherwise, it's Max and Ruby or an On Demand Book)
3. I take Matalley to her room and read one book while Matt takes Grayson to his room for two books.
4. Switch. Matt reads Matalley one book and I read Grayson a chapter from one of his chapter books and say a prayer.
5. Switch. I sing Matalley "Jesus Loves Me" and "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star." Matt sings Grayson "Elderly Woman Behind The Counter in a Small Town" by Pearl Jam (or as Grayson likes to call it Friendly Johnson...don't know where that name comes from but no night is complete without Grayson requesting the Friendly Johnson song).
6. They are left to read one or two books by nightlight (pretty sure that is not so good on their eyes) before we head back into each room to turn out the lights.
Going to bed is sure a production!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment