I went skiing and I didn't die!! I know for those of you that ski often, you think I'm being ridiculous, but truly it's a miracle. I've only been one other time. I was 12 and went on a school trip with a friend who "taught" me to ski. They say that it's like riding a bike, but I promise you NOTHING came back to me. Matt and I drove up to CO with the kids on Thursday, dropped them off at Bompa and Yiayia's house, then headed to the airport to pick up our friends from Amarillo. There were 10 of us staying in a cabin near Winterpark and we had lots of fun. I took lessons Friday morning, while Matt and the rest got in a few practice runs before we all joined up together and I lead them down the mountain...ha, ha, ha....if only they didn't have to wait on slo-poke me. I was much better the next day but only because I was FORCED to ski from the very top of the mountain. Brady, Amy, Krissy, and Andy drove up from Denver to join us and Brady wanted a picture at the top of the 6 of us.

I think I cried and prayed the entire way up to the top which included a few blue runs to get to other lifts. It was a beautiful view though and we have good memories from the trip. I owe my sister's boyfriend a lesson in bread making or something since he was basically my personal ski instructor during his visit....seriously a patient man. Thank you Andy (and Liz and Cody too for hanging back with us)!
No comments:
Post a Comment