Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Sleepy Excitement

Matt was in Florida last weekend for a fun/work trip. He had front row tickets to a couple Yankees spring training games. He sat right behind home plate so he has a bunch of pictures with Derek Jeter and A-Rod at bat like 5 feet away. He had a good time and I was glad he got to enjoy a "boy's" weekend since I had my girl trip last August. The kids though, really missed Daddy. They especially had a hard time when I put them to bed each night. The worst was the night he was supposed to be home. I had promised the kids the night before that we would all go to the airport to pick him up. Unfortunately his flight was delayed causing him to miss other connections and it just didn't look like he'd make it home before 2 or 3 in the morning. They were both very sad but went to bed okay. I don't know how they sensed it (Matt got home about midnight) but G woke up about 3 in the morning and Matalley shortly after. They were both so excited to have Daddy home that they couldn't go back to sleep. I know Matt was tired and just wanted to sleep but it was oh so sweet...now Matt knows how loved he is.

No comments: