Saturday, April 10, 2010

Turkey

We spent the last few days in Colorado for a late spring break trip. We got to see Body Worlds at the Natural History Museum...the close up view of a clogged artery freaked G out a bit. He DOESN'T want to have a stent put in him and so when I told him that he needs to avoid fatty foods, like chips and french fries, he panicked and said, "but I had chips for lunch!" He also liked to pose like the cadavers and unfortunately I couldn't take any pictures to show you how cute it was. I am amazed at the types of questions he asked...about the stomach and blood vessels and what the holes in the heart he held were and a gazillion others.

We also went to an awesome dinosaur museum in which they were putting together a triceratops and had a very large collection of fossils from the cretaceous period. Grayson and Nicholas listened to an hour long tour, asking great questions and pointing out dinosaurs they knew. Grayson refers to Nicholas as his cousin, friend, and brother. SO sweet how well they get along.The kids learned a new joke from Andy...."How do you keep a turkey in suspense?" Then, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, and yell "TURKEY!" Unfortunately, the kids didn't quite understand it, so Matalley now says, "Knock, knock" and when you say, "who's there?," she replies, "TURKEY!" and then she cracks up.

No comments: