Monday, October 11, 2010

Sweet Weekend Memories

Matt was gone this weekend so the kids and I were on our own. Usually I stress about being "on" all the time, but we just relaxed and enjoyed the weekend so these are my funny sweet memories from the weekend:
  1. Matalley pretending to throw up in the Target parking lot because I told her I wasn't feeling good. She said, "I'm not feeling good either" and proceeded to pretend gag.
  2. Grayson and Matalley chowed down at PeiWei with chopsticks...Grayson LOVES loMein and Matalley likes the honey seared chicken but they really love it when they get those plastic chopstick helpers. I think it's funny to watch a 2 year old and a 5 year old using chopsticks, but they are actually pretty good at it and cleaned their plates....no forks involved.
  3. Matalley wraps her arms around me and says, "you're my best girl Mommy" or "I love you" and it just melts my heart. Grayson's also been into hugging me for no reason. What a treat!
  4. Grayson was excited that we were bringing the snacks to his soccer game but then saw what I brought. He said, "Mom, granola bars? Why can't we get something fun?" I said, "But I brought capri suns! And you love granola bars." Not good enough, thankfully there was a mix up and another Mom sent snacks too. Grayson was relieved that there were cupcakes and caprisuns. He told me we could bring snacks next time.
  5. Grayson scored a goal during his game and was pretty proud of himself. Listening to the banter on the bench was pretty funny too. Grayson said, "We're good guys." And Cooper said, "the other guys are really good." Grayson said, "yes, but we're good!"
  6. We got all our fall mums and pansies planted and even a few Halloween decorations.
  7. The kids made their beds and cleaned their rooms with no complaints.
  8. We went to a school carnival and the kids shared their tickets and played so well together. They held hands and Grayson helped Matalley down from a trailer. Matalley helped Grayson find his shoes after the bounce house. It was so sweet.
I love it when we have days like these!!

1 comment:

lil' mama said...

blogs need "like" buttons. Glad it was a good weekend for you!