The good news is that Baylor beat CU and Matt and I were there to witness it.
We had fun in a slew of CU fans who thankfully didn't beat us to a pulp (Matt was knocked around a bit by a guy leaving in a huff at the end of the game...in all fairness, we did scream a little loudly in our praise of the final score).Oh, and the weather was perfect too. I honestly didn't want to head back to Amarillo. Not that I don't enjoy sleeping in my own bed, but ugghh, this house is going to be the end of me. I will post a LONG post sometime about all our troubles. The stuff at the right hand side of the page is just a small sampling of all that has gone wrong. Again, nothing awful, just terribly inconvenient and annoying. Right now we are dealing with a leak in our kitchen that was discovered back in August. The plumber was here today to "fix" the leak and instead, we found out that the leak is two fold. One, we may need a new dishwasher in addition to the other leak which is much larger than originally anticipated...going up the wall which will require new dry wall, cabinets, possible replacement of our new granite countertops in addition to the replacement of the brand new hardwoods we just put down in June. While insurance will cover most of the repairs, it's a timing issue and all I can say is at least it's not Christmas or 3 weeks from my due date. I just wish I had more energy to deal with all of this right now (and that my hormones wouldn't make me so cranky!!). Poor Matt is carrying more loads than he should have to at the moment.
Matalley has recently started saying, "I love you, but not when you go to meetings" to me and to Matt, "I love you, but I don't love you when you go to work."
Now that the word is out on the pregnancy, I can share this little fun story. While we were in Ohio at dinner one night, my cousin (Dad's first cousin on his Dad's side) asked Grayson if he had any new friends near our new house. Grayson replied, "No, but I'm going to have a new baby brother." Sandy was a little surprised but what a cute way to share the news Gray! He also told her that the baby will be named Max Sweeper (I think he was looking at a broom at the time). So Grayson really wants a brother...he labeled the other twin bed in his room, Max's bed and has already picked out toys for us to buy him when Max is born so that they can play them together. I keep telling him that God determines whether it is a boy or a girl, not us:)
No comments:
Post a Comment