Friday, December 17, 2010

Maxine Sweeper

Merry Christmas to us...it's a girl! Poor Grayson was caught way off guard during the sonogram. He REALLY wanted a brother, so much so that he had already picked out toys for me to buy when Max Sweeper was old enough for he and Grayson to both play with them. He also assumed that Max would sleep in his other twin bed in his room and just be lifelong friends. His facial expression in the room was so sad and I had a hard time keeping it together. Matalley on the other hand was ecstatic. She said, "she's pretty." I have to agree and we are so excited for this "big" baby to get here (she's already 1 lb. 10 ou. according to the measurements...I know they can be off; but average size right now is 1 lb). Here she is waving hi...I apologize for the quality of the pictures...I took just a few snapshots of the 100 photos the sonographer gave us. They are all posted on the refrigerator except for the 20 or so Matt took to work to scan for me. Sadly his format does not allow conversion to photos for blogger to post so, you get my snapshots. Not working in the marketing department, while definitely a BIG benefit, means I no longer have access to a great scanner or color printer so I just do what I can with what I have. As the kids say, "you get what you get, and you don't throw a fit." Thankfully by the evening Grayson adjusted to the shock of Ihpity being a girl and said, "I really wanted a boy Mom, but I will like having two sisters. It will be okay." He's going to be such a great big brother to his sisters!!

He also has 3 cousins on the way. My brother and sil are expecting twins in June and Matt's cousin is expecting another baby in June. In honor of my sil who cleverly is posting pictures of the objects representing her babies' size, I am posting this pic of a papaya...Ihpity is approx. 8 inches crown to rump. Her little legs were crossed and extended so that her toes touched her head...maybe gymnastics in her future.And now I wish I was in New York at Gray's Papaya...ahh the power of a suggestive pregnant mind.

No comments: