After the crazy snowy weather we had last week, today's sun was so nice. I did have a heck of a time explaining evaporation to Grayson though. I seriously wished that
Sid the Science Kid could be channeled into the van this morning. For instance, when we drove by some weird building with a bunch of antennas on it and Grayson asked me what it was, I told him some sort of satellite. He corrected me quickly saying, "I don't think so, it's not in outer space." It may be time for a science refresher course.
Last week, the kids spent about 20 minutes in the snow that kept us stranded inside for a day...it was just too darn cold.


We had 7 inches with 3-4 foot snow drifts. I know it's not a ton compared to the northern states, but Amarillo pretty much shut down which means I pretty much went CRAZY. We managed to get a trip to the science museum which has a new dinosaur exhibit. Lifelike T-Rex and triceratops that scared the you know what out of Matalley...she did not like being that close.
Friday night, Matt and Matalley went on a valentine's date to chick-fil-a

and Grayson and I went to Burger King.

The dates went well but Matt and I both felt a little jolted when the play park became the evening's entertainment...I'm going to have to talk to Grayson about entertaining his date.
Today was filled with yummy food. We had banana and strawberry chocolate crepes with whipped cream for breakfast and some surf and turf for dinner. Neither of the kids LOVED the lobster which just meant more for me. The sweet flowers on the table are Matalley's from Matt and I had to persuade Matalley to leave them in the kitchen for us all to enjoy...she wanted them in her room since they were just for her.

Happy Valentine's Day Everybody!
No comments:
Post a Comment