Friday, December 30, 2011

Merry Christmas!

Bet you thought I forgot, but how could I? The excitement over Christmas has been building for months. Threats of no Santa gifts, completely ignored (although I made it clear that Matalley was not getting the barbie jeep she asked him for...she picked up Lola one too many times and even if it hasn't stopped her from doing it, she at least hesitates a few seconds). Grayson even left a note for Santa at our house so that Santa would know to leave the toys in Denver. "Dear Santa, I know you have noticed our stockings are gone. We will be at YiaYia and Bompa's house. Please visit us there."Even though we missed out on a white Christmas in Amarillo, we had a great time. This year, Brady requested a Charles Dickens' Christmas dinner. Mom kept saying, there is a reason noone eats yorkshire pudding anymore. It wasn't quite as easy as the traditional turkey/ham and fixings but it was definitely memorable and quite delicious.
Even Lola liked it.A picture of our newest family member, Benjamin.The boysThe grandkidsThe Great-GrandsEllie's turn?A sledding sessionMatalley's first run down the hill was very successfulI tried a run by myselfSo did Matt and this is the resultWhich meant Grayson had enough. Mr. stubborn refused even with the promise of a dollar and some hot chocolate. Matalley enjoyed it thoughAnd Grayson finally made another run with some major convincing. He wanted to make sure I knew he went.Polka Dot pants with the cousins

No comments: