Friday, June 22, 2012

Like Yaya, like Eggoni

Working in our yard over the weekend, Grayson was helping Matt and we found out just how far he'd go to get out of working.  He said to Matt, "I can break a tool or get hurt so we can go inside to watch tv.  I'll watch a game even."  I wish I had taken a picture of the roly poly habitat the kids created in the backyard.  It was basically a torture chamber with a lot of water, but they sure tended to it daily until all the roly polies were gone.

The following week was VBS at our church.  We all had a good time, despite some extenuating circumstances that robbed us of fully being in the moment.  We gave the kids money to put in the mission box at VBS but one day I offered the kids an extra dollar to whomever found Lola's milk filled sippy cup.  Grayson found it quickly and Matalley immediately began crying about not earning a dollar.  I told her it was okay because she was still going to get a dollar to put in the box.  She started crying even louder that if she'd found the cup, she could have had $2.  It reminded me so much of a story about my Yaya and a penny she received and lost.  She also cried when given a replacement because she could have had 2 pennies. 

No comments: