Thursday, September 13, 2012

On my Toes

 
On the way up to beautiful Meeker, CO (wish I had a panoramic view of the whole valley because this picture doesn't do it justice), we drove up Independence Pass and saw the continental divide. 
If there is one thing I miss (well let's face it, there are a bazillion things I miss) about CO, it's the fresh mountain air.  Despite the chill of the altitude, we walked a bit to take in the scenery.  We turned Lola facing forward for the 12 hour trip and she got a little motion sickness but other than that, the drive was fairly uneventful (despite my threats to take a nap or miss out on play time with cousins).  How could I deny these friends from playing together? (I know there is a picture of me and my sibs on this same rug with these same cowboys and Indians. 
ProYaya got some Janie time.  And kuddos to my sis and BIL for traveling a week after Janie's birth...lots of work!
So the last week was crazy. I stayed after the funeral to help Mom and Dad move my Aunt Tammy into a new place.  Don't I have the most amazing husband to drive the kids home by himself 
 and prepare the girls for their first day of school?
My girly girl Matalley decided that instead of a dress, she wanted to wear her basketball uniform...just keeping us on our toes.  Lola doesn't like school so much...cries everyday and is super clingy but I remember Matalley doing the same thing so hopefully it gets better soon.  Matalley told me her best friend is Charly and when I asked her why, she said, "because we know her phone number; can she come over to play?"  Yes, she keeps me on my toes.

No comments: