Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Matalley update


Matalley is my little fashonista.  Grayson told me she wants to be a fashion designer when she grows up.  She puts random things together but I can't say that she doesn't look as cute as can be no matter what.  Yesterday she came into my room wearing a pair of jeans and a red shirt with an orange belt.  As she buckled the belt she said, "Hello, I'm Johnny Cash."  For her Christmas concert at the VA, she decided to dress in a fancy Christmas dress and wear a "hat" that resembles a princess crown. 
Last week, when Matt was getting on to her, he said something to the effect of, "Do you not listen to me?"  She replied, "Dad, my ears don't work."

And in case I didn't mention it before, Matalley is one determined little girl.  When I was making Thiples last week, I kept telling Matalley that she would have to wait.  Since I only make them once a year, and my recipe is a crap shoot, I was struggling while rolling them out to the paper thin sheet like dough that is necessary.  Matalley kept asking if she could help and I kept saying "not now."  She was determined to get in on the action and snuck some dough to form into a wreath.  They looked absolutely perfect and I was happy to have someone reducing the amount of time I spent in the kitchen instead of increasing it.  I hope she is determined to be a little helper again in the future!

No comments: