So our fourth Christmas was spent without Matt in Colorado. Poor Matalley got sick on the trip up to CO but thankfully recovered quickly. We went to the American Girl Doll store so that she could have Addy's hair "did." She was so excited that she started skipping when she saw the store front. When she received Addy back, Matalley said, "She looks even more beautiful than I thought she'd be."
Both Grayson and Matalley played with the Emily and Nicholas but not enough in their minds. It's great that they get along so well with them. Brady and Amy came back from California in time for us to have a little get together opening presents. Doesn't Matalley look dashing in her new red boots?
The most special gift was an antique Lionel train set from Uncle Todd to Grayson. I am in awe of such a special memento and wish Uncle Todd lived close enough to set it up with Grayson.
Ellie liked the salad set...made lots of yummy food.
Molly
Lola loving on Janie (Janie looks scared but I promise Lola was nice).
We celebrated Emily's birthday too!
Lola had some crazy diapers on the way home that delayed our return a bit. After a traveling delays with the last three 7-hour journeys (Grayson sick on way home from Dallas, Matalley sick on way to Colorado, and Lola messy on the way home from Colorado making each trip last closer to 9 hours), I will not be traveling anywhere in the near future. When we left Colorado, I told Matalley we might be able to be in Colorado for her birthday. She immediately whispered to Bompa and YiaYia, "Yea, and you can have a party and surprise me!"
As always, it was hard to leave but good to be home. Sadly, my day of depression (happens every time I come back from Colorado) was on New Year's Eve so I wasn't the best party planner for a little impromptu shindig we had at our house with friends. Glad my friends and hubby are so forgiving:) Here's to 2013 and a year of good luck (we ate lots of black eyed peas to ensure that!).
No comments:
Post a Comment