She came into our room quite early and when I whispered to her that it was her birthday, she broke into a huge grin and asked if I was going to surprise her. Then every request made from that moment on had a "because it's my birthday" attached to it. She didn't want to help me clean up her toys because she "didn't want to clean on her birthday." When Matt arrived home for the evening, she said, "Hello, are you going to sing me Happy Birthday?"
I did take her to Red Mango (frozen yogurt at the grocery store...since I had to pick up some items anyway). Grayson shared with Lola.
We enjoyed a morning at jumpstreet in Denver with Emily and Nicholas, lunch at Red Robin, and a trip to the American Girl Doll store.
Cute Janie:
YiaYia made Matalley's favorite meal: ham, mac n' cheese, broccoli, and lemonade. And she got a HUGE chocolate cake. I love that she was playing dress up right before we had cake and opened presents. The bridal gear is so fitting.
The trip home was fine except for the diaper mess from Lola. I am lucky it happened in Colorado Springs so we were able to pop into a store for a quick change of clothes and get on our merry way home.
1 comment:
Happy 5th Birthday Matalley!
Post a Comment