Monday, October 14, 2013

Field Trip

Lola and I joined Matalley on her first kindergarten field trip on Friday.  Before the trip began her teacher told me that I was welcome to take Matalley home after the field trip...yes, I laughed.  Based on previous preschool field trips, I knew Matalley wouldn't even notice I was around because my girl is independent and it's a good thing.  Lots of other Moms had clingy kindergartners and one even mentioned how wonderful it was that Matalley was so secure in herself:)  (I'm choosing to take that as a compliment and you know with raging pregnancy hormones, I don't always choose the positive route).  We had fun on a cold windy morning picking pumpkins and learning about corn.  It was good to put a face to the names Matalley mentions so often as well.


 Lola loved going up and down on this big slide!
Saturday night/Sunday morning the kids were with Bobo and Pops so that Matt and I could go to the Mad Scientist Ball at the Discovery Museum (our science/children's museum). 
We had lots of fun dancing to the Space Rockers and the kids had lots of fun at Wayland's homecoming football game.
They also had Sunday worship service at home with Matalley and Lola leading the music.  Lola's favorite song this week is '10,000 Reasons' by Matt Redmon so she'll break into song almost anywhere (that and Lollipop by MIKA).  She also sang 'Jesus loves Me' and emphasizes the word strong.  I guess Bobo was the custodian and they each gave a lesson from the bible.  It's sweet that they are carrying on a tradition from Matt and his cousins spending weekends with Mimi and performing their own church service.

No comments: