After the baptism (see last post) we just fiddled around at Costco (only mentioned because I visited 4-5 times over the course of the week), swam, visited a few museums (Children's and the Art Museum), ate some yummy food, celebrated 4th of July and my birthday, and then headed home. There is a whole host of things I wanted to do but didn't happen. It happens a lot these days...my to-do list doesn't get crossed off at the same rate that things are put on it. So by the end of the week, I was kind of cranky trying to fit everything in before returning home.
Poor Jorge the caterpillar died at the end of the week too...sad but I'm sure he didn't want to make the car trip back to Amarillo (I didn't want him to either). When we got home the kids found a snail to become a pet but he also died within the day (or escaped...he wasn't in his cage).
At the art museum, we found some big cows that reminded us of Amarillo without the smell.
The kids and I carved sculptures out of soap.
Millie didn't do any carving...just looked pretty posing for the artists.
We were on a scavenger hunt to find some fun art and Matalley was excited to see the red dinosaur...so excited she crossed the line of acceptable viewing range and I thought we'd get kicked out.
But we were not swept out with the trash
So we took another picture with the cows (and Millie got to be in it as well). I love all their little poses (right before Millie did a face plant). Millie is sitting and rolling over and pulling herself up which means she won't be baby baby baby Millie forever.
4th of July was fun albeit different without being in Meeker. The trouble with spending every single Independence Day (except for maybe 7 in my lifetime) doing the exact same thing, is that you REALLY miss it when you don't do it. Lone Tree had a huge shebang with bounce houses, music, carnival like things and a great fireworks show to follow. And I got to hang out with my nieces and nephews!!!It was cute to watch the littles with sparklers
And Millie didn't mind the loud noise or bright lights
And then the next day we had another cookout to celebrate my birthday:) The kids (with Matt's help) created 37 reasons they know I love them which was pretty cute ("She makes me broccoli").
Family photo opportunity
Love that our crazy picture becomes everyone open your mouth...
Brady opened up a 37 year old port.
Millie also enjoyed the festivities (no, not the port)
As you can see, the kids were exhausted (I still think we are catching up on sleep) and we were crammed in the van on the way back from all my Costco purchases:). Yay for good times.
No comments:
Post a Comment