Thursday, November 20, 2014

Mr. T Lesson at School

So our lone survivor in the tummy bug came down with it yesterday. Guess I shouldn't have praised his immune system so publicly. Grayson came home about noon from school and was not so happy about it (me either considering I have already done my fair share of laundry this week, I was behind on my to-do list from being out Monday anyway and no one likes to see others ill). SO SO SO thankful this was just a 24 hour thing. I don't worry about the kids missing school but at the same time, I feel guilty that they are missing out on school. It's like being little and not wanting to go to sleep because you might miss out on the one time your family actually does something really cool. (True story, I missed some really cool sculptures in the middle of a dessert because I was napping in the back seat on a road trip....just excluded from that part of the vacation;). Anyway, school can be a lot of worksheets but occasionally, they do something really cool and I don't want the kids to miss it.  Most recently Grayson came home with a mini protest poster (3x5 index card with popsicle stick) after learning about peaceful protesting. His sign reads, "Come on Fools, build more pools." Apparently the park protesters won the debate but it was good practice. And since I don't plan on taking him to any protests any time soon (or ever), probably his only experience publicly protesting. How sad would that have been to miss out on?

They also did not miss out on school picture day, though Grayson could have used a haircut the day before picture day instead of the day after. Oh well. He's still cute.
I had lunch with the kids that day and noticed that all of the little girls had hair with ringlets (super model-ish) and I felt bad that I hadn't even offered to try something fancy with my girl. I do think she is quite beautiful without all the glitz though...those other girls probably needed it (just kidding...I'm not that mean).

No comments: