Do you know the Hallmark commercial where the kids are underneath the Christmas tree looking at all the ornaments and talking about each one and then the Mom is on the couch reading a magazine and she looks up and smiles at the kids? When does that happen? When do the kids sit quietly in front of the tree not fighting or trying to destroy ornaments (Millie is all over them
this year) and when does the Mom sit on the couch reading a magazine? Do
they know how busy life is? Do any of those commercial makers have
kids? Because this is what happens when I try to wrap ONE present:
And this is what happens when you have too many people in a picture
All but one of the adults thought we were getting just a kid cousin picture. I certainly wasn't prepared to take family pics and getting us ALL to smile and look at the camera???!!! This was as close as we could get...
We couldn't even get the cousins to all smile at the same time (and we are missing one in this picture)
I know Henry thought we were crazy
And my kids were the worst offenders.
I would feel a lot better about myself if marketing campaigns were realistic. I'd probably spend more money on the products just because I feel sorry for the actors and can totally relate. Not going to happen Hallmark? I'm perfectly content to read my magazine in the back of my closet underneath clothes that are too small for this Momma of 4 with a flash light while I hide from the chaos that exists beyond the door. And I know buying your cute little ornament is not going to change any of that.
No comments:
Post a Comment