Sunday, March 1, 2015

Family

Funerals are hard, but seeing family is so good. I love my family. I love all our little nuances and quirks. I remember some time before I'd even met Matt, getting upset that my husband wouldn't know my family the way we were at that moment. I was sad that by getting married, I would change the dynamics of our family (poor Matt, I didn't even know him and already I was sabotaging him). I wish I had gotten more pictures but the week passed by so quickly.

Janie is just an independent sweetheart and I'm a proud Aunt.
 Lola Kate is connected to Aunt Kate via name and personality.
 Lola just loves on everyone, including cousin Henry.
Up at the ranch, the boys loved the 4wheelers and were majorly bummed when Bompa "ditched" them to go get some stranded walkers.
 Uncle Brady rescued them from their misery and took them for a ride.
We wanted to take family pictures but the kids wouldn't cooperate so Brady thought we could pose without them...isn't Lola cute? (Amy and Matt are holding real babies).
Krissy and Andy were gone at that point and Matt and Amy were still holding babies so here is the family picture for our mantle...snooze, you loose.
 Mom and her brothers
 Lola ran with such freedom and joy
Walking over the old homestead
We finally captured Matally and Grayson long enough to get our own family picture (they were with Nick and Emily the entire trip...inseparable).
 We stopped by Connie's to see the horses and visit.
 And then we stopped by Renee's to see some baby lamb.
 Lola and Molly were fast friends and tried to entice the horses over for treats (they weren't interested)
Closest thing to a group shot all weekend

We also spent time with our new niece/cousin Lucy. I think she, Henry and Millie are going to have lots of fun together.
So despite the occasion, we did enjoy the time spent together. Lots of memories in my Yaya's house and I hope we have lots more memories together. (Just what Yaya would have wanted!)

No comments: