Wednesday, October 21, 2015

End of Summer

August passed just as quickly as July. We had our annual family camp retreat in New Mexico with our church family. The kids look forward to it every year...they love the bunk beds and cafeteria.

And I like being unplugged for a weekend and hanging with the family with no other agendas but being together. This is one was on our hike to the bear caves (don't worry we didn't see any bears much to Grayson's dismay).

The time with other families is special too. We're all in this boat together...working on making sure our kids know the love of Christ by practicing grace, mercy, love as a church body. These 4 year olds were a hoot all weekend.
And leading worship...

My husband is a rock star because the second night of family camp, I was MIA at my 20 year high school reunion in Denver. Now I loved my high school class even though I don't think we were particularly brilliant in anything and I appreciated my sister's class probably more, but I just really appreciate the "funness" of us all being together. So I was really looking forward to the night. It was a little weird talking to people after 20 years but mostly fun. The best part was leaving and just feeling really good about my life...I love my family, my life situation right now...no regrets (well maybe a few apologies for living in Amarillo) but I wouldn't trade my life for anyone's and that's a really good feeling. This is a picture of my friend John who said he was going to be a dentist and then ended up a lawyer...we have a ton of lawyers and doctors in my class which cracks me up. Denistry is a good gig if you ask me and not a one of my classmates became a dentist.

After camp, we dropped the kids off with YiaYia and Bompa and enjoyed 4 whole days without the kids...date night every night! Plus I had a root canal and foot surgery (so I wasn't in bon bon land). I drove back up to Denver to pick up the kids and see an awesome concert at Red Rocks (Chris Tomlin worship night in America, with Rend Collective Experiment, Matt Redman, Max Lucado, Kari Jobe, Louis Giglio, and Matt Maher). Which was a bucket list item...so fun and with a good friend too.

And then we just hung out for a few days doing Denver things before heading back home.
 

We went to a really cool carnival at the children's museum with all the cousins and it was all free and a fairly small crowd. It was awesome...popcorn, ice cream, cotton candy, games, face painting, caricatures, and the children's museum. The kids are still talking about it.


We got home to celebrate Matt's birthday (a week late) but we did it up big with a night at the amusement park as a last hurrah

 
Matalley was finally tall enough to ride the big rides with Grayson which got Matt off the hook for the spinning uncontrollable rides...who can stomach those anymore?
 Millie spent a lot of the night in the stroller but she didn't seem to mind.
 We did do the carousel with her though and she was in utter amazement. She loved it!

Millie got her cast off, everyone got haircuts, we had a couple birthday parties, a back pack blessing and then school started. These boys are cheering for the party, not school...
It amazes me how quickly the time passes and then summer is over. :(

No comments: