Monday, November 30, 2015

Thankful for November

What a wonderful November we've enjoyed! I don't mean to make you jealous but I do have the most wonderful husband in the world. Besides putting up with my idealistic (though not totally unrealistic)expectations, he manages to surprise me every once and a while. This time it was a surprise vacation to Key West in honor of our 15th anniversary. He told me the location the morning of our expected departure. I was so excited for beach, heat, and not one agenda item but to relax. I was also a little nervous. We've had 4 kids since the last real true vacation for just the 2 of us. But yes, I loved it. Grayson was a little incredulous that we could have fun without kids in tow but I am a firm believer that we need to vacation every other month (well at least every other year and definitely sooner than our 25th)! Reason #1, this little one that falls asleep mid tantrum when I won't let her inside the bathroom because I needed 5 minutes to myself (perhaps if I had just put her down for a nap instead of forgetting that she needed one, I wouldn't have needed that 5 minutes). FYI she is changing from 2 naps to 1 nap and someday she gets 2 because the 1 nap days aren't quite enough and without the day to day routine, I forget if she's had any nap at all...I'm not a computer).
 

First stop, 'Robert is Here' Fruit Stand for a yummy strawberry guanabana milkshake. We had dinner the night before at a great Japanese restaurant. Florida is pleasantly diverse.

They also have crazy birds so I will NEVER live here. I'm okay with vultures eating dead animals but attacking my car?!?!
Second stop, the Everglades where we saw crocodiles, stoic birds, turtles, and other creatures. It was beautiful

 Third stop, feeding the Tarpons which look like giant catfish and then lunch.
Before we left, Matalley warned us to watch for sharks (she is our shark expert) so we sent her a note that Matt was eaten by one

 He was not of course, but we were on the lookout for Pumas
 
 


 Fourth stop, Key West!
Our hotel was a beautiful resort right on the water..
 
I'm sure we looked like ducks out of water with the lowest guest median income but I am so glad Matt splurged. It was beautiful.
At night, city was happening with tourists everywhere. I think everyone that lives there is a transplant...do you know anyone from Key West, born and raised? So we fit right in with the tourists.

I did not see Cuba but apparently it is really close.
 
We slept in, ate some REALLY good food, enjoyed music, and just had a really good time. I love this man.
I'm seriously looking forward to the next vacay! I'm hoping our parents are up for that...they kept the kids for us so we could be worry free. I think they were all exhausted. Sadly, I didn't get to see YiaYia and Bompa because of our overnight flight delay on the return flight putting a snafu in Dad getting to the shop in time. And then Pops had a gallbladder attack so Bobo was on her own for part of it...Thankfully he is doing much better now. And I'm sure the kids were crazy the whole time. But, did I mention that I'm ready to go again?
 


No comments: