and the night just got messier from there
This year we started a new tradition with friends or at least I hope we are invited back next year so that we can enjoy the "Second Annual Christmas Caroling and Light Viewing on trailer bed with hot chocolate and friends." It was so much fun.
The big present for Christmas this year was Lola getting her cast off
She is still walking funny but we are so happy that her wheelchair is no longer here!! We let her choose the restaurant for our family Christmas dinner (usually we have Chinese) and Lola wanted mac n' cheese. The first restaurant was completely out of mac n cheese so we got up and left (whatever Lola wants, Lola gets) and the second restaurant has to be the worst restaurant in town (it's a bum deal because some acquaintances own it so we can't bad mouth it for fear of retribution in our small town USA but it was TERRIBLE). Good thing we had presents to look forward to after our dinner!
Millie only received one gift (I don't think she even realized it) and so I spent a good portion of the present opening time, snacking on fake bread and butter with her.
I don't think I can make one present a family tradition but we'll see...

No comments:
Post a Comment