Monday, October 31, 2016

Randomness from the Last Month

Millie is our entertainment...


We spent a weekend cleaning out Millie's closet and bringing in the new (old) stuff. It wasn't so sad because I know Louisa will be able to use the clothes, so I will see them all again. Plus Millie kept trying on things to wear, like the hat. She also still loves her paci and I keep thinking we'll get the potty training down and then work on the paci but it may have to be the other way around. She has absolutely no interest in learning not to wear a diaper despite the fact that she is quite the exhibitionist. She also likes to draw on herself so tattooing may be in her future.
Matt had a Fantasy Football Draft in early September so I took the kids to Freddy's (per Grayson's request). Grayson filled me in on football stats most the night so I wouldn't feel left out from the draft. Millie is really into the galoshes.

Most likely it's because we spent an entire afternoon hanging out in the rain. The girls liked the puddles.


School is going so much better for Lola. She just really wanted the teacher she wanted! She loves practicing her sight words and reading books. This is her first real sentence that she wrote all on her own without me. "I like to see."


And then this is the sentence she wrote at school during responsive reading "I like when the zombies laughed at the kids."

We spent a few hours at the annual balloon fest. They had a beagle puppy balloon this year that was pretty cool.


We also saw Disney on Ice and a Casting Crowns concert so I feel like the kids are banned from asking for anything in the near future.

I was super impressed with the Disney skaters. The Lion King was represented by Simba and Nala who seriously performed the "pamchenko" (from Cutting Edge). I was cringing the whole time thinking back to the "fictional" movie and how complex that move is:) I'm not sure the kids were as impressed as me.
Casting Crowns was amazing. We stayed until the very end and the kids were all smiles. My favorite part was Matt Maher singing Firelight with a million iPhone flashlights waving in the dark. It was beautiful!


We had great seats thanks to a friend and Millie enjoyed her first Christian Rock band performance so much that she danced up front the majority of the concert. Like I said, she's my entertainment!

No comments: