Mind you, Matt and I are the babies of the group and don't turn 40 until this summer (wink, wink).
These ladies are some of the kindest hearts I've ever met and I love doing life with them.
Christmas in New York is absolutely beautiful (way too many people but still beautiful). Lights adorned almost everything and we were able to see over-the-top window displays.
Highlights from the trip included 2 Broadway shows (The Humans and Waitress), a food tour of Chelsea Market (location of Food Network studio), dessert at the Russian Tea Room, drinks at a piano bar and the 9/11 museum. We even stopped outside of Trump tower which was surrounded by armed servicemen and tv cameras.
The best part was time as a couple and with our wonderful friends who were super easy to travel with. As always, we didn't have near enough time to see all that we wanted to see but that just leaves things to do the next time we visit.
We missed the kids but they were in awesome hands (aren't we blessed with amazing capable grandparents willing to watch our kids for days on end?) of Bobo and Pops this time. The saddest for me was missing Grayson's choir concert. He has worked all semester for the Christmas performance at Barnes and Noble. I know he did a great job. They finished out the basketball, soccer, and volleyball season for us and decorated our tree. My mophie broke the week before New York and Matt didn't have one so our batteries landed on 0% pretty quickly but not once did I worry that I might be needed. It was total freedomJ.
And he had a great audience.
Lola completed a gingerbread girl in a poodle skirt.They decorated our Christmas tree!!
And enjoyed some yummy homemade donuts.
Lucky for them and lucky for us.

















No comments:
Post a Comment