Sunday, August 6, 2017

Father's Day

Father's Day included all of Matt's favorites...U.S. Open, lunch in Plainview, dinner of scallops, steak, jalapeno poppers and an after dinner soccer match.
The next weekend, Matt took a trip with all the kids to Ft. Worth and Groesbeck while I flew to Houston to be with a friend undergoing treatment at MD Anderson. Tricia will be in Houston a total of 200+ days while her daughters and husband are still here in Amarillo. She has an incredibly positive attitude.
Matt and the kids had a great time though it was hot and sticky. The lines were minimal so they rode all that they wanted to.
Bobo, Pops and Tia joined them as well.
They seemed to go on the log ride a lot...maybe to cool off.
I think they were hotter in Dallas than I was in Houston. They managed a visit to Mimi as well and I got a report from Bobo that they were very well behaved (always what you want to hear).
I also received a phone call on my way home via the airport letting me know that the van (which we just got a month ago) had accidentally been in a rain storm with the side door wide open. There was water filling the spare tire console and the carpets were soaked. I know that I shouldn't value a van more than my children, but hearing that made me so so sad....a brand new van already prepped for a mildew-ey existence. Matt did a great job of cleaning it up though and thus far, I haven't noticed any mold.

Matt gets props for taking all the kids on a mini-vacay. If only Father's Day was a more common occurrence than once a year:)

No comments: