Lola Kate needs her 2 bottom front teeth. She lost the first one October 5 and the second one 2 weeks later.
It's cute to listen to her read a story with her missing teeth. And she's a great reader. Everyday she comes home from school and says, "Time me Mom, I'm going to do my homework." And then she can read and read and read....25 minutes is typical but she's been known to read until dinner. And then she reads again before bedtime. Sometimes the homework assignment stresses her out, like if I don't go straight home after school. "But Mom" she says, "I have to do my homework!" I'm glad she's concerned but I think her assignment is to read for 10 minutes and she does it before bed easily. She doesn't want to count that though because to her that's not homework, that's bedtime. So then I sound a little off when I tell her not to worry about her homework. That's probably not a good habit to get into telling her.
Lola still hates her beautiful curly hair. She usually ties it back in a ponytail in the mornings which straightens it a little but not enough that people can't tell it's got that curl. And of course they comment on how pretty her hair is and that makes her hate it even more (she hates to be noticed). What I wish they'd say is, "Wow, did you do your hair all by yourself?" "You are so independent!" "I bet you are a great help to Mom with all that you can do by yourself." Because her independence is something she can control and does a great job of getting ready in the mornings without any help. What a blessing it is to our busy schedule that she can do so much without direction.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment