I LOVE Colorado. We spent the long weekend in Meeker with ProYaya and ProPompa. There was a lot of snow so Grayson spent some time outside. He liked the icicle fight with Bompa (see picture) a little too much. Not that my son is violent, but he is definitely aggressive.
He also enjoyed all of the attention. Uncle Steve played cards and drove little trucks, played ball, set up toy horses, etc., etc. There was laughter at most things he said which made him repeat most everything as well. I left town thinking I will have to knock my little boy down a notch or 2 before returning to TX. Funny thing, on the way out of town, a group was moving cattle through town (down the highway) and we were in the mix of it. Grayson kept saying, "there are cows everywhere!"Yesterday I took the kiddos to the Children's Museum. I haven't been since I was 7 or so and had forgotten how neat it is. Grayson could have stayed all day. He dressed up like an ant and crawled around through tunnels that he claimed bears lived in. He cooked pizza and cookies on the stove, shopped in the grocery store forever, painted, danced, built a sailboat. His most favorite activity was the huge firetruck that he crawled around on and ran the siren. We had to visit the firetruck at least 3 times before he would agree to eat lunch. We got to eat outside(snow on the ground but 60 degree weather made for a beautiful setting). Couple of side notes...I have a hard time with strange mothers who let their kids touch mine...yes, I'm a germaphobe...but really touching Matalley's face is a NO-NO and especially, after I tell your kid to stop. The Mother and I obviously had no chance of friendship after that). Second, while Grayson was crawling around as an ant, there were 2 rather chunky, redheaded boys in mouse costumes that reminded me of the lost boys from the Peter Pan animated movie. I had a hard time controlling my laughter...I am such a cruel woman.
Last night we had dinner at Uncle Brady and Aunt Amy's house. They live less than a block from my college roommate, Katy. So I got to see her as well. I practiced my guitar hero skills and ate some yummy chilli. So far Matalley has tolerated it well. Today Bompa took us to the science museum and Grayson enjoyed all of the animal scenes and hopefully learned something as well. We're really enjoying the chance to see and do all that we can while we are here. I'm posting extra pictures because Matt is still in Texas and Matalley has already changed so much.
No comments:
Post a Comment