Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Valentines

Grayson and I made Valentines this weekend for his daycare playmates. He liked streaming the ribbon through, cutting the paper, and coloring, but I don't think he grasped the concept that we were making them for other people (even though he called out the names as I wrote them on the Valentines). About 5 seconds after capturing this photo, he tried to rip the valentine apart. Maybe he was making an artistic statement? Who knows.

We're potty training as well and oh, the frustration. He wakes up in the morning telling me he wants to wear a diaper like a baby and not a pull-up. "I don't want to be a big boy." So part of me wants to comply because I don't want to force him to do it...if we're fighting it, he can be very stubborn.... and end up causing him to totally reject the idea of underwear. But then isn't this what parenting is all about...convincing a kid that you are just looking out for their best interest?
I just finished burping Matalley and she is so cute. She pats my back to the same rhythm that I'm patting hers. I'm sure that it is just a reflex but it is reassuring just the same. She's still sleeping in the cradle in our room and slept for 5 hours last night without a peep. I kept turning the nightlight on to make sure she was breathing (so much for sleeping the stretch myself). I guess those tendencies don't change with the second kid...you still worry. And we all know that I am a perfect worrier:)

2 comments:

brickmomma said...

Oh potty training.......HATED it! How old is Gray? David was three before he perfected it. And still wears night time diapers- he'll be 4 in apr.

And even with #3, sleep comes first for the babe and many nights later for the momma.

We have your gift.....now the trick is to get to the post office!!

Much love and Happy Valentine's to the Sadlers!

Jessica said...

They are so CUTE! I'm glad you have the blog now so we can keep up. Oh, I sent an email after Matalley was born but it bounced back...so I don't know if you got it or not. Anyway, I'll try to keep in touch better from now on.