Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Working Girl

So today was my first day back at work. It went fairly well, but I did miss Matalley and was exhausted this evening. Thankfully, I am only going back part-time...3 days a week. I think it will be a good mix for me. Even though I have loved being home these past 3 months, I wouldn't be a very good Mom if I didn't get out to show off my talents (read: utilize my education that I paid too much for) .

Matalley did well too. We had a trial run yesterday for a couple of hours and she cried for most of it. She really is a good baby, hardly ever cries and goes with the flow. I think yesterday just threw her off for a little bit. Grayson had colic so bad and plus he had the tongue tie that made nursing difficult, but he eased into the daycare thing so easily. I was nervous dropping her off this morning, since she seems to be completely the opposite of Grayson. But she did just fine and I even got to visit her at lunch. Grayson refers to the sitter as "Matalley's friend Darlene." Hopefully she will be her friend and love on her like I do. It's so hard to leave your kids in someone else's care but at the same time, I don't want them to be homebodies and completely unsocial...they have to get away every once and a while too! Anyway, below are some photos from the end of our day...like I said, I was exhausted.

No comments: