Wednesday, June 25, 2008
Thumbelina
If you remember back to some of my favorite memories of my Aunt Ellie, one of them was that she kept a special doll(Thumbelina) for me to take care of during visits to her house. It was her daughter's (my cousin, Stephanie) doll, but I loved it. Before my Aunt Ellie died, she would call me from time to time to check in on us. She called Matalley 'Peggy Sue' because we kept M's name a secret until she was born. Aunt Ellie said she was searching for a present for M and would send it as soon as she found it. Apparently it was on her list of things to do. Well, my cousin Stephanie found the list and said she wanted to follow through with it. So this past week, a Thumbelina doll arrived at the house for Matalley. I was in tears and Matalley was enamored with the doll. Thanks Stephanie for helping to pass down Aunt Ellie's memory for my children and thanks Aunt Ellie for being so special to me. (I do crack up that the doll is about the same size as M and weighs about the same as well).
And here is a picture of the boys relaxing, just cause I think it's cute.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
We loved happiest baby on the block. Didn't know there was a toddler one. I just put it on hold at the library. Let me know how it goes with Grayson! :)
What a special present for you share with Matalley! I love it..
What a lovely way to remember your Aunt and pass down the joy she brought you to your little one. Absolutely precious!
2 things:
1) Grayson looks so big;
2) Matalley looks so small!
Glad to see you guys are doing well!
Always- Tamara and Jeremy
Post a Comment