hday present...so he says). I think I have been asking for a camera since I was a sophomore in college, but there have always been other needs...last year it was new flooring for our living room. Anyway, thanks to my sister for researching it and making the suggestion that I get one as well. It's a Nikon D60, 10.2MP and takes 3 frames per second. It also came with 2 lenses so I can really zoom in and capture some great shots without Grayson noticing...since he is in that phase where he doesn't want to smile for the camera or act normal (ie..kookiness comes into play). I just have to trick myself to take the shot as I want to instead pushing the button 15 seconds before the action(what I use to do with the other digital camera that had delayed response).
Also, they are having 2 contests in town. One to rename a pizza joint (Basil Docs is losing the franchise fee) and the other to name a statue of a frog playing the violin. Any suggestions are welcome. The winner gets free pizza for a year/free botanical garden membership for a year...if you don't live here, I will share in the spoils:). My brother wants me to submit "Francis" for the frog. Not sure I will win either; my creative juices are just not flowing so well on demand.
And I will post more about the 4th of July trip and all the fun things that we did and cute things Grayson said...don't want to make this one too long or you won't read it:)
2 comments:
I knew it was an SLR Nikon! (I am an SLR camera nut even though I don't have one:(!) I am sooo jealous! You picked a good camera! Please share where she found a good deal...I can hint to my hubby! Congrats!!! I am so excited for you!
Sad to hear about Basil Docs...that's a hard one since it has a unique atmosphere...will the food stay the same? The frog should be Fiddler Joe.
I'm so happy for your new camera...how much fun you are going to have snapping away!
I think the frog should be called Francois...a little more pretentious than Brady's suggestion. LOL!
Post a Comment