Monday, September 15, 2008

Peaches

We made it through church without getting paged...yeah Matalley! Let's hope it continues. Grayson graduated from the toddler class to the preschool class so he received a bible and I think it's his new favorite book. Makes me sad that he's in a new room. He's staying with us during the first part of church though to sing and hear the children's message. It's nice to have him with us...dancing to the music.

Yes I am opposed to headbands because they look like they constrict the blood and leave hurtful impressions, but doesn't she look cute for church?

Tonight, Grayson was asking Matt what the yellow duck's name is. Matt, clueless, asked if it might be Donald. Grayson, tilting his head, said, "Is it Donald? Really Daddy?" with a little sass. Turns out, he wanted to know the name of the WonderPets duck (totally unrelated to Mickey Mouse and Friends).

Matalley shakes her head no a lot these days and she is pulling up on furniture. We need to lower the crib because she has learned that by sitting up, she can avoid going to sleep. I'm thinking she's going to pull herself right on out of the crib. She's too tall for 3-6 month pants; unfortunately, she's not fat enough for 6-9 month pants so most of her pants look like capris. I'll make up a little bottle to feed her after nursing and she'll eat maybe an ounce, if any, before refusing to eat more, so at least I know that she is eating as much as she wants. She LOVES puffs, mixed grain cereal, green veggies, sweet potatoes, and some fruits. I had this theory that my kids would love what I craved during pregnancy. Grayson can't get enough tomatoes, Greek olives, Mediterranean stuff which is pretty much all I ate while I was prego. If my theory holds water, it could be bad for Matalley since I pretty much just craved peach cobbler for 9 months. So far the peaches are too tart for her. She makes a yucky face and then shakes her head when I try to feed them to her.

Friday, Matt was in Waco for the night so the kids and I watched a movie before bed. They snuggled up next to one another which was so sweet. I love that Matalley just watches her brother like a hawk and Grayson, although rough, includes her in most things.


This photo courtesy of Matt, whose photographic efforts have finally made the blog.

2 comments:

petiteblogger said...

Such cute pics. They are getting so big! :) As I'm reading your post, I realize- I just brought down Caitlyn's headband, and we are watching Wonder Pets... :)
Also- looked at your menu for the week & it looks very yummy! What is posole?

Kalley said...

Posole is basically Mexican Stew. I put beef stew meat in a crockpot and cook it all day in broth with onions and bay leaves. Then I add hominy, green chiles, chile powder and any other vegetables I have on hand. I don't like it soupy but you can add broth to make it a soup instead of a thick mess. It's also good with pork but we bought 1/2 a cow last year so we have LOTS of beef.