Tuesday, December 30, 2008

First Word

Here is the 2008 Santa photo...see no tears:) They might look a little drugged, but I swear I didn't give them anything!

Matalley's first word is officially uh-oh. She says it when she drops something and then points to the floor. She's been saying it for a while so unfortunately I don't have record of the exact day she said it first, but it's on record at least. She also says thank you when she hands you something. I assume she'll quickly grasp the concept to say thank you when I hand her something instead, but for now I'll just take her instruction and repeat the thank you since I am grateful she is passing items to me instead of throwing them.

She's had trouble sleeping the past couple of nights so I'm hoping it's because she's about to do something big, like walk or say 'mama.' I definitely don't want it to be because she has an ear infection. She received 2 shots last week of antibiotics (One on Monday and then again on Friday since it wasn't completely gone). Please don't make her have to have tubes like Grayson. His tubes are causing us trouble. We discovered that one has fallen out but is still lodged in the ear and the other is completely clog (so not working). We have an appointment scheduled with an ENT and will ask about tonsils at that point as well. I hated having his adenoids removed, so I really dread having his tonsils removed, and if both his adenoids and tonsils are gone, what is his body's next line of defense?

2 more funny stories and then I'm done...Last night Matalley was crying and nothing I did would console her, finally I said "milk?" and she immediately perked up and began pointing to the kitchen. So maybe I should hope her next word is milk, not mama. Then the night before at dinner, Grayson refused to try the leftover stuffing on his plate. I told him it hurt my feelings that he wouldn't try something I made and explained that it is a rule in our house that you have to at least try everything on the plate (you don't have to eat it all but at least one bite) so he popped a bite into his mouth. He immediately began gagging (did I mention he's a little dramatic?) and I looked at him sadly. He swallowed and said, "yummy" with a timid smile (praying that I wouldn't make him take another bite, I'm sure).

2 comments:

lil' mama said...

Have I told you lately that I LOVE the Matalley/Grayson stories:) I really hope to see you and the fam in the future. The Smiths will plan a road trip to Amarillo:)

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about how fast they grow. I'm in complete denial about the first birthday. It didn't bother me with Jaxson, but I'm so sad about Elijah. Man, Matalley's legs look super long in that picture! We need to get these kids together!