Thursday, January 8, 2009

Starvin' Marvins

Well I hope the new year has been good to you. We had friends over on new years eve and basically just watched all our kids go nuts past their bedtimes. Friday we left to visit CO for the weekend. So that morning, I was busily trying to get the laundry done, house cleaned, remaining Christmas decorations put away, pack for the trip etc. I guess I let the morning get away from me because I found Grayson in the kitchen with Matalley. He had pulled his tall chair all the way over from the table to the counter and was standing on it to put together a sandwich for himself and Mattie with sliced cheese, meat, and bread he pulled out from the fridge. He said, "we're having breakfast." So I can add "starving my children so bad that they resort to feeding themselves" to my "ways I have failed my children" list:)

Yesterday Matt took the kids to daycare and as he was driving them down our alley, he spotted Deacon. Apparently the dogs escaped 20 minutes earlier when Grayson opened the front door to get the newspaper, but no one realized it. After returning Deacon, I jumped in the car so that I could grab Abbey and return her home so that Matt could go on. Grayson said, "Daddy is the great-dog-finder." Such a great way to build to his Daddy up before he started his day.

Matalley has added another word to her repertoire. She said "Jackson" in CO referring to my brother and SIL's sweet puppy. She also says Hi with a very southern twang.

On a crappy note, I lost my job this week. Apparently the economy in Amarillo isn't insulated and healthcare isn't stable because 47 of us were laid off at approximately 9am on Tuesday. I say it's B.S., but then that's probably why I'm the one without the job. It was good while it lasted. I think I'm just going to stay home and enjoy my kiddos for a while. I will miss my adult outlet, but I'm sure I'll appreciate the time I have watching my babies grow.

2 comments:

The Chandler Clan said...

hey Kalley,
sorry to hear about your job, hope your transition to staying home full time is smooth. I'll be praying for you.
TRaci

brickmomma said...

goodness. i was just catching up on here. i am sorry about your job. though i know you will never regret these moments with your babes!!!!

happy new year-