Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Wishes

One of Grayson's belated Christmas presents from Yiayia and Bompa finally arrived last week (it was back ordered) and he LOVES it. It's one of those wall book shelves that holds a few books displayed by their covers. We put it on the wall by his bed for his books that he reads at night. I love it because now his books don't end up on the floor in front of is bed. But he is just so proud of it and every night has wanted to call B and Y to thank them for it. During one of those conversations, he got it in his head to go visit them. So over last weekend he started saying, "I wish we could go to Yiayia and Bompa's house" every chance he got.

I love how Grayson phrases his desires into wishes. He'll say, "I wish I could sit down" or "I wish I could have a yogurt after my nap." He says it in a tone of despair or utter longing that you just wish it for him as well. So Monday, Matt and I decided we would drive up to CO (more due to timing on our part, but if G thinks one of his wishes was granted, then it's a bonus). The kids got to spend the night with Bompa and Yiayia while Matt and I drove up to Silverthorne with my sister, brother, and sil. My Mom snagged us a cool apartment from one of her coworkers so that we could spend the night. Krissy and I went shopping while the rest skied(just not my cup of tea). Aren't the skiers/snowboarders cute? We had a really good time making a RANDOM dinner of sushi, pizza, crackers and cheese, and chef boyarde and playing uno while putting a puzzle together. We even had a serious discussion about the origins of the name Rothschild, but managed to stay friends. Meanwhile the kiddos enjoyed a day at the Denver zoo. Apparently Grayson asked a gazillion questions about each animal...he wasn't satisfied that the animal was a buffalo, he wanted to know what kind of buffalo it was. "Read the board," he'd demand. And Matalley showed off her fast walking skills...with little weight, she is a speed demon.

We swung by a mall after lunch one day to let the kids play on some breakfast. I had no idea that oversized food would be sooo popular but G and M sure loved it.We ended the weekend with a birthday cake for my Dad. Grayson sang Happy Birthday to Bompa while Matalley swayed to the song. All in all it was just a really fun weekend. Thanks Yiayia and Bompa!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

I'm glad you had such a great time with the family!!
LC