Thursday, March 5, 2009

AT&T

Picture this:

I go to the AT&T store with Matalley an hour before it's time to pick up Grayson. Matt's phone is on the fritz and we weren't sure why he was having problems. After getting Matalley out of the car with 70mph winds trying to slam the door on us both, I finally make it into the store windblown and ragged (you know purse falling off my shoulder, contents spilling out, Matalley squirming to get down, glass hanging off my ears, hair every which way, etc.). I explain to the not very nice AT&T rep why I am there and she proceeds to tell me that they no longer have a service department and that I'll need to call the warranty phone number. I say, "what if it's not in the warranty period." And she proceeds to tell me that I can call customer service after that and they can either upgrade me to a new phone or I can buy a replacement. I leave, frustrated that they even bother to have a store if all they want you to do is call their 1800 number.

So we go back out into the wind to pick up Grayson from MDO. On the way to the church, I call the warranty number and the guy asks me if I've tried going by an AT&T store to test the battery. Ha, ha, NO!! So after picking Grayson up, we swing back by the AT&T store. (Repeat first half of first paragraph, except add a kid). So we're in the store with a different rep who explains that some of the problem might be this locking device on the SIM card that she readjusts. She sends me to sit and wait for another rep to test the battery.

It's so close to nap time and both kids are antsy, running around, picking stuff up, holding onto random people's legs, etc. I call Matt's office to test out the phone and of course it works perfectly and I can't recreate the problem. My name is called by the other rep, just as Grayson pops the top off of the puffs snack tin and puffs fly everywhere. Then, like my children haven't eaten in a week, they proceed to race to pick the puffs off the floor and stuff them in their mouths. I'm saying, "Grayson, no, the floor has poopoo on it" (I'm sure the rep loved hearing that) and yet the kids keep gobbling as fast as they can, in a race to eat them, before I can crawl around on the floor to get them all picked up (by the way, do you know how far puffs fly?). The rep in the meantime is explaining that he can't help me if I can't recreate the problem.

I know, I know, come back when the problem occurs again. We leave, get buckled in, start driving...phone dies.

5 comments:

Susan said...

You too? I have the same problem with AT&T. Grrr! And, your description of walking in is how I have felt ALL DAY! (More like everyday.)

Thank you for your post....it's ablessing!

lil' mama said...

I giggled all through this post. Very funny. Sorry about your phone and yes puffs fly very very far!

petiteblogger said...

I'm so sorry for your troubles but I'm thankful for the laugh it gave me... I think we laugh more when we can totally relate, right? I could see just how it was probably happening... :)

julie mosley said...

I can totally relate to that story, thanks for the laugh!

Anonymous said...

I can totally relate to this story having spent 30 minutes with AT&T on the phone yesterday! Your story gave me quite a laugh! Hang in there!