Monday, April 20, 2009

First Sentence?

Last night, I was about to put Matalley in her crib for bed, when she started pointing towards Grayson's room (where Matt was reading Grayson a story) and said, "Dada ni-ni" and then waved her hand bye-bye. So I claim it as her first sentence because she strung 2 words together and knew what she wanted to do. We promptly went into Grayson's room to give kisses since she would have fussed if I didn't listen to her request. She says a whole host of words now in addition to Daddy and night-night:

Mama, Graykay, Babby(Abbey), puppy, Deak(Deacon), more, mil(milk), dri(drink), nana(banana), cracka (cracker), Bompa, Yiayia, bye-bye, hi, uh oh, tank-u(thank you), my(mine), and na, na (no, no).

I'm sure there are others but you get the gist. I am constantly amazed at how much more she is able to understand. She is a big help and likes to play clean-up (even if you are not ready to clean up). Lately she has learned to "help" me with her seat belt, which means I have to pay attention so as not to pinch itty bitty fingers during the process. Grayson is a big help too and teaches her lots (I'm sure that's where mine and no-no came from).

Grayson also is a big help to Daddy...they tackled the yard mowing last week. It definitely needed it in patches. Looking forward to the whole yard being green and hopefully we'll get some fresh veggies too. Grayson and I planted, squash, tomatoes, lettuce, cilantro, basil, and parsley.

No comments: