The kids went to the circus this past weekend with YiaYia and Bompa while Matt and I spent the weekend in Santa Fe. Friday night was a circus for us with travel plans. Y and B didn't get into Amarillo until 3am due to plane trouble and bad weather. We had a babysitter through 11pm and then our WONDERFUL friends came and slept on our couch until my parents arrived. Meanwhile Matt and I drove through a "blizzard" to get to the resort. At one point, I seriously thought our friends would find us on their way back to Amarillo crashed into a guardrail, frozen to death. It was like we were moving through warp speed in starwars...the snow moved sideways and there was nothing to give us point of reference that we were actually moving forward. Matt AMAZINGLY got us through it and we were able to enjoy his Firm's retreat.
I think the kiddos had a ton of fun. Grayson told Bompa he wanted to see the elephants, tigers, and marines at the circus. Bompa was a little nervous that Grayson would be disappointed when the marines didn't make an appearance. But apparently they did because Grayson said that he loved the marines. We finally determined that the marines were the acrobats (they swung in the air). He must have had fun because at one point when I was talking to YiaYia on the phone, she asked him if he wanted to say hi and he said no. He was too busy playing.
So here is my little clown upon our return...

Matalley liked the nose, until the band snapped her...

Two milestones to report for Matalley this week: 1. she is able to stack 6 blocks on top of one another (she has maybe done this before, but last night after each block successfully made it on top, she raised her hands and said yay!). 2. she can sort. Today 3 of the toy tubs were dumped over in the middle of the floor so I pulled the tubs up and started to sing the clean up song and she sorted the blocks, mr. potato head, and little people into the appropriate bins without any direction.
No comments:
Post a Comment