Friday Grayson and I were models in a fashion show. His outfit wasn't something I would dress him in, but I hear he did an excellent job on the catwalk. He walked out with the daughter of a friend of mine and she lead most the way until they got to the end where he abruptly pulled her to a stop. The night before was dress rehearsal and he had major stage fright and did not want to go. I walked with him once, coaxed him on the next time, pleaded on the third try and then he and Hannah just took off on the 4th run. It seems the music got into his blood and he was ready to dance down the runway. All night he kept asking me, "when do we get to go back and dance?" Unfortunately I missed his runway debut because I was stuck in back helping other models when they started the show 20 minutes early. I didn't even know the kids were on stage until Grayson found me. Matt missed it too (due to the early start time) so we didn't get any pictures. My friend took some so as soon as she sends them, I'll post the head shots:)
Saturday we had winds reaching 67 mph so it was not so fun to be outside. Power line poles were knocked down, bus stop benches were blown into the middle of the street, large trees were completely uprooted. It was crazy to even try to go outside, but of course, that didn't stop us. Matt and I had 2 funerals to attend and in between we attempted the touch-a-truck event. Last year Grayson had so much fun climbing into big rigs, through police cars, on a school bus, etc. This year, however, the wind got the best of us. We stayed for maybe 20 minutes. We sat in a tank and I told Grayson, "this is what Army guys drive." Grayson IMMEDIATELY corrected me, "no Mom, it's not Army guys, it's Marine guys."
How in the world does the kid pay such great attention to some things and then total oblivious to others? This morning I told him to play in the other room for 10 minutes while I finished typing a letter. I explained that if he made Matalley cry, he would get in big trouble. So not more than 2 minutes later, I hear muffled cries from Matalley. I find both kids outside, Matalley is banging on the glass to get back in and Grayson is running through the sprinklers with his clothes on. If I hadn't been so frustrated, I would have snapped a picture.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment